All I Am: Drew's Story (This Man, #3.5) by Jodi Ellen Malpas
Published by Forever Yours on June 18, 2017
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Buy on Amazon
I thought I had control. I was so, so wrong . . .
I don’t need a relationship.
I have Hux, a decadent club where I quench whatever raw desire I choose. I take pleasure and I give it—no strings attached. So when Raya Rivers comes in asking for someone cold, emotionless, and filthy . . . well, no man ever takes his wicked pleasure quite the way I do.
Only Raya is different. Vulnerable. And carrying some deep sorrow that gets past all my carefully constructed walls and inexplicably makes me care. Now craving controls me. Ice has given way to red-hot need.
But Raya has no idea about my other life—my real life. That I’m a daddy to an adorable little girl.
My two worlds are about to collide with the force of a supernova. And once Raya knows the truth, will she be able to accept all I am?
‘What do you want, Raya?’
She steps toward me tentatively, as if she’s questioning what she’s doing. And when she reaches me, her chest pressed to mine, she gazes up at me. ‘I don’t know.’ Her eyes are wild and unsure. ‘But I know that every time we’re close, something powerful takes over. And you’re trying hard to fight it. You’re warm and cold. What are you scared of?’
‘You.’ My mouth is on her before I can think better of it, and I’ve lifted her from her feet before my tongue breaches the seam on her lips. We should talk, but this is the only thing I know what to say right now, and when her arms circle my shoulders, her mouth opening up, inviting me in, I know she’s okay with it. I know she gets it.
With one arm around her waist holding her to me and one secured on the nape of her neck, I walk to my office, my kiss deep, my blood racing, my heart bouncing off my ribcage. I set her on her feet and take the hem of her dress, pulling it up over her head, losing her lips for just a second in the process. She wrenches my shirt open, scattering buttons in the process, her hands immediately finding my skin beneath. My forward steps encourages her backwards, our kiss deepening as she unfastens my trousers and I push her knickers down her thighs.
We’re all over the place, desperation getting the better of us, a mess of tongues, hands and bodies. I pull some strength from nowhere, seize her hands and break our kiss, breathing heavily. Her unsure brown eyes soon prompts me to start ridding myself of the rest of my clothes, all under her watchful gaze. Until I’m naked.
‘This wasn’t supposed to happen,’ she whispers.
I will admit that it has been a very long time since I’ve read the The Man Series. So it took me a while to remember Drew. With that being said, you can absolutely read this novella without having read a lick of This Man. In fact, while I thought it was fun to catch up and get some more of Jesse, he doesn’t really play that huge of a role in it so you aren’t missing out. What this did do though, is make me want to go back and re-read the series because I miss it. It’s been way to long.
Drew has been content with his life. Especially since his daughter came into his world. She’s everything to him so he takes no chances of relationships. He uses Hux as an escape to satisfy his sexual needs and that’s that. Until his name is given to a new girl of the club. He comes highly recommended to be cold and emotionless. Exactly what she is asking for. Easy. He can do this.
Raya is hiding from something. She doesn’t want relationships, she just wants to escape. To find someone to make her forget her past. Drew is supposed to be that man. But as they progress with their agreement, things change. Feelings change and Raya is left yet again facing the task of opening up or running.
First of all, this book is seriously hot. I’m pretty sure Drew and Raya have their hands on each other for 90% of the time. The other 10% gives us a bit of angst that has us rooting for the two of them. The progression of their relationship is tough for both of them and when they finally realize how much they care for each other, circumstances keep putting a huge wedge between them.
Of course I enjoyed the moments when Jesse there and we even get a “trampled” reference! As I said before, he doesn’t play huge role. He’s there for Drew and helps him along but the main focus is on Drew and Raya.
Overall, I enjoyed this novella. It gave me something new with Drew’s story. He’s sexy, deliciously filthy and intelligent. If you are looking for alpha tendencies, dirty mouth, little angst and down right steamy play, then this is the book for you!